Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

I just shut my mind off during the weekend. It's been taking a while to reboot... but I am getting back into the swing of things, the blog of things...

I am actually on my lunch break, so I will make this quick...

Phrases of the day:
CPM machine - (continuous passive motion) this is a machine that some people call the "bending machine". While they have these machines for other body parts I am most used to seeing them for the knee. After a knee procedure this machine continuously moves the knee between a certain range of flexion/extension while the patient relaxes.

ORIF - Open Reduction Internal Fixation - A surgical way to correct a broken bone. Open reduction means that they open the skin in order to re-arrange the allignment of a bone. Internal fixation refers to there being a piece of hardware that fixates the bones in a position and is left internally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home