Sunday, August 13, 2006

Vacationing

While I do have a whole week off before I start clinic, I am going to try to dedicate some of this time to actually prepare for this experience. I plan on visiting a few clinics and soaking up what I can. Also, I am going to research rheumatic diseases (Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis) because my clinic said this is a big portion of patients that I will be seeing.

FYI, here is the clinical breakdown for my program:

4 affils, of 6, 9, 11, 11 weeks in that order. You have to do an acute setting, rehab, musculoskeletal, and an "elective" of your preference. I am about to do the 6 week one, woot woot.

I also plan on reading as much of this text that I can, because it was published by the rehab department where I will be spending 6 weeks, so it may serve as a good reference. I will give a review of the book as best I can when I am done with it.

Last bit: an interesting news story from Michigan about a paralyzed dog that helps with the rehab of children with disabilities. Here is the link to the story and video: "Therapy dog to the rescue"
I have to credit to the UBC Physio info-blog for finding this story. It's great blog based on my short time reading it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home