Sunday, July 30, 2006

BODIES - Busy

I went to BODIES yesterday. Fascinating anatomy exhibit. I would talk more about it but I feel like trash. Us health students get sick too... boo! I'm not sure if it was something in the BODIES air or the Pizzeria Uno food... I would imagine it was the chain restaurant food, and I make thi spledge today: I will avoid eating at chain restaurants like Applebee's (right across the street from my school), Chili's, Pizzeria Uno's, etc...

Also got a chance to stop by the 4 day seminar they are having at my school held by the Institute of Physical Art. From the half hour I was there I learned about the slump test and implications of nerve tightness which can be released by flexion or extension of the spine on Knee extension. A few things we had not covered in our curriculum yet but very interesting stuff. It was mentioned that there is no "Evidence" behind some of these concepts, but you can see it right before your eyes when the subject only had 45 degrees of extension and then was flexed and added 15 degrees and hamstring tightness was eliminated... I apologize for my rambling since I feel ill and I only got a small part of the seminar, but I assure you it was good stuff and I look forward to attending similar courses as Continuing Education when I get out.

More on Direct Access

I got a quiz on Tuesday and a Final on Thursday and feel sick as a dog, so I go now, all the best

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home