Sunday, August 20, 2006

So Much To Read...

As I gear up for my first clinical affiliation as I have mentioned in the past few posts I have been thoroughly distracted by just about everything but physical therapy. Along with most of the links on the right hand side of this page, I have a few websites I try to check just about everyday to try to get the latest information. I feel this is vital to eventually become an evidence based practioner. But at the same time I cannot give up my fanaticism for the New York Jets (no matter how bad they get) or for the New York Yankees beating up on the B. Red Sox. Then I volunteer my time to coach football, help my mother with her business, babysit my nephew to help my sister. I also have bills to pay (doesn't everyone), loans to deal with, groceries to buy, food to prepare, working out to squeeze in somewhere in there.

All this tends to take away from me reading textbooks, although I did just order up $300 worth of new ones. Also, does not always allow me to push toward other academic goals I have such as re-certifying myself as an EMT and/or a CSCS. I have hundreds of thousands of papers all over my room that could use a good reading. I have actually had to cut out reading the New York Times every morning and I stopped subscribing to Men's Health which is a great lay source of information. So I am actually going to go ahead and read as soon as I brush my teeth, eat some breakfast... then go coach... clean up my room... ah, we shall see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home