Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday's off are great

Although I have 32 errands to run, I enjoy having a day off during the week...

As part of my education I am learning at least one drug, one abbreviation and one condition per day, so you may see this at the bottom of some entries as I try to really learn this stuff and share with my loyal readers :-D

Drug: Zanaflex - brand name for the drug tizanidine - a muscle relaxer that really helps PT treatment by relieving the spasms, cramping, and tightness of muscles caused by medical problems such as multiple sclerosis or certain injuries to the spine, and thus allowing therapeutic exercise that would otherwise not have been possible.

Abbreviation: PRN - as needed (from the Latin "pro re nata", for an occasion that has arisen, as circumstances require, as needed)

Condition: Diverticulosis - weakness of the small "pockets" along the large intestine (bonus, diverticulitis is when stool gets caught in these pockets and swells up)
- the suffix "-itis" usually indicates inflammation

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. I knew all this once. Sigh. I miss pain management :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home