Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Train Post

On my way to clinic, thought I'd check in...

Muscle(s) of the week:
I Love Spinach

This is the mnemonic we used to remember the divisions of the erector spinae (ES). The ES is the main group of back muscles that extends from the base of the skull to all the way to the sacrum. The main action of the muscles workin together is extension of the back (moving backwards). I wish I could include pics but I'm just on my treo but I will try to find some when I get full internet access.

Iliocostalis (lateral)
Longissimus (middle)
Spinalis (medial)

Reviewing anatomy 2 yrs after first learning it is very useful... I go now... happy Wednesday!

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... I don't know about the Spinach there Popeye. We learned it a different way, with a different love for the "S".
I'll give ya a hint... it rhymes with T-rex.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home