Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yay Advance :-D

On May 11 of this year I erred and wrote a relatively negative response to what I thought was a snub of my quotes that were given for an article about the The Physical Therapist Student Loan Repayment Eligibility Act (H.R. 1134). The text of the article can be seen here as the last article on the web page. The confusion on my end is that there are multiple ADVANCE magazines. While I subscribe to ADVANCE for PT's & PTA's and was upset when I saw an article on the same topic without my quote there, I failed to realize the reason for this was that the article was published in ADVANCE for directors in rehab... so I apologize to ADVANCE for my confusion and would like to thank them again for their giving me an opportunity of being able to speak out on a very important issue in the world of PT. Furthermore, I highly encourage anyone who is a director in rehab or a PT/PTA (or students) to pick up either version of ADVANCE as their content is always excellent.

In other news, I had a day off today and have a lot more to talk about than usual.

Today I finished reading Reversal: When a Therapist Becomes a Patient by Eric Anthony Galvez, DPT, CSCS and friends. The book was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone. It is useful for preparing you for dealing with a medical condition in which you lose a lot of your former everyday function and dealing with a very staggering diagnosis such as having a golf ball sized brain tumor. The book is also very useful for giving a patient's account to health care
professionals. I certainly wish that this was assigned or even recommended reading for the "Psychological Issues" class that I took my first year in PT school.

I feel the book has made me better suited at dealing with patients who have gone through numerous medical procedures that threaten their livelihood and have lost the ability to perform many daily tasks and even have trouble walking. Best of all it was an easy read and filled with delightful candor and very emotionally warming stories. I have more to say about it but I am tired and have to be up real early in the AM.

I worked out today, which is part of the reason for my current state of being tired... I need to go
make some PB&J and get my clothes ready for tomorrow... and maybe even make sure I plan my treatments for the patients I have a responsibility to... :-D

Hope everyone is smiling...

1 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the book Bo. For those of you that don't read here is my "music video" of Reversal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsEanpG-4ak

 

Post a Comment

<< Home