Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Back in Brooklyn

Denver was energetically exhausting. The conference had so many great PT ideas flying around, so many 'celebrities of PT' that sleep becomes secondary. So all that energy I gained is slightly counteracted by the sleep debt I have to my body. But well worth it... See you in valley forge, PA...

Anatomy review:

Teres mInoR
-O: superior lateral border of scapula
-Ins.: inf. Facet of greater tubercle
-Inn.: Axillary n., C5-6 (5 is primary)
-Action: ER

Teres Major
-Origin: inferior angle of scapula
-Insertion: medial lip of interteburcular groove
-Innervation: lower subscapular n., C 6-7 primary and C8
-Action: IR, Sh. Add.

I list minor before Major b.c minor is superior to Major in the body... Not that it is better than, simply that it lies closer to the head... Also I generally try to capitalize Major and keep minor lower cased to help distinguish TM from Tm when abbreviating in my notes... Lastly and most importantly mInoR does External Rotation-ER despite having an I and R in it, so the opposite letters help me remember... With a lot of things in the body one needs some silly mnemonics to help remember...

Next time I will respond to Nate's comment and list the funnest named muscles...
This entry written on the Treo

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work eugene "teres minor" babenko

 

Post a Comment

<< Home