Friday, June 01, 2007

It's June already... boy, time flies...

I only have two classes left for this semester and then the final. It seems to be case studies the rest of the way and I like it. This gives me a chance to combine the knowledge I have gained from many different classes and apply it to one situation at a time. As a side note to this thought and a reflection on my last post, I have to say that mistakes made on exams and practicals are the ones that stick with me longer and thus I am a lot less likely to repeat them; it is all part of learning...

Moving along, I have been getting in better and better shape as the days go on, and the summer is a great time to get into even better shape... I encourage you all out there to make sure you are getting your AHA recommended minimum of 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise most days of the week.
As I start to make my way into the world of marathons and triathlons I am just starting to get my name out there to be a medical volunteer. I look forward to the experiences I can gain in this arena with these very interesting athletes.

This post is just a plethora of thoughts...
I wanted to recommend the Hospital for Special Surgery eNewsletter (click on this link to register)

And I leave you with part of the lines I will recite for my niece's naming ceremony this weekend (it is her birthday today, happy birthday love!):

May you live to see your world fulfilled.

May your destiny be for words still to come

And may you trust in generations past and yet to be.

May your heart be filled with intuition

And may your words be filled with insight.

May songs of praise ever be upon your tongue

And your vision be on a straight path for you.

May your eyes shine with the light of holy words

And your face reflect the brightness of the heavens.

May your lips speak wisdom

And your fulfillment be in righteousness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home