Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Clinical Decision Making 1

For the next month we only have one class in my program (the title of which is the same as the title of this post). Then we get a week off and have a 9 week clinical, followed by 4 classes in the fall and then 2-11 week clinical experiences. Exciting times.

I would like to congratulate everyone who just graduated not just from PT school but from any level of schooling... congrats!

Back to the present class... It is very musculoskeletal based and the second part of the class in the fall is supposedly very evidence-based. For this class we have done a lot of manual skills including manipulations and mobilizations, very exciting stuff although having so much of it done on me for practice has led to a little soreness in my own spine. But as we tell our patients, this can be a normal result and is more indicative that a change has been made within the tissues around the spine. I'm also sore from my tetanus shot (supposed to get one every 10 years as part of my physical).

Speaking of me :) I recently signed up for the NYC Marathon. I am #171778 so my entry into the event is based on a lottery. I believe they accept about 37,000 people and there are many people that have guaranteed entry so my chances are a little slim, but I am training nonetheless. Updates to come... hopefully.

STAY HEALTHY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home