Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Day off"

NYC had some amazing weather today... the kind of weather cities like San Diego probably have 80% of the year... but I took advantage by riding my bike 12 miles to school (and back). Since I had a day off I took my time at school to work out, did some weights, ran on the treadmill, stretched out, and swam 72 laps (1800 m). I finished up just in time to go to a continuing education course.

Now why would a student go to a continuing ed. course? To learn! Even though this is considered a fairly advanced course, in my 3 hours there today I learned a good deal. Greg Johnson was kind enough to let me audit - so I take this forum to thank him again. The name of the course is Functional Mobilization [of the] Upper Quadrant (check out the link for course description and some reading for the course). There was a good deal of lab that I could only observe but the lecture was very informative. Greg Johnson spoke about dural restrictions and axial elongation to un-inhibit a central inhibition that is causing a peripheral weakness... ya dig? They were going to begin talking about vestibular issues when they returned from supper, but I had to take my 12 mile ride back home before it got dark and to prepare for clinic Friday... the course will go strong until Sunday so hopefully I will have a chance to stop by more of it. As a student there are many chances to "audit" these kinds of courses and I strongly encourage you all to take advantage, because once you are a "professional" it costs a lot of money to get this kind of info (especially at the high level that Greg Johnson offers).

Off to sleep, bye kids :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home