Thursday, November 01, 2007

Rewind

I did not get a chance to send a special shout out to my homie ericgalvezdpt.com last Thursday October 25 for hosting the inaugural Tumors Suck Day. I was wearing my Tumors Suck shirt but did not have a camera to prove it... I hope that his efforts are helping others and I certainly look forward to seeing him when he comes through NYC in two weeks. Before that happens I better get all my work done though...

Have to finish up my power clean instrumented movement analysis project, come up with a case study on the labral tear of the shoulder (I was not supposed to share that diagnosis with my classmates but I am almost certain not a single one of them read this :P, still have to finish up my presentation on Qigong, got some tests, a DEXA scan to observe, practicals, etc.

Also, two days ago I underwent a metabolic rate treadmill test to help determine how effective my body is at burning fat and breathing oxygen (not the most technically sound definition of it, but stay with me). Below is the graph of the exam which consisted of being on a treadmill with a mask on and HR monitor. The treadmill was at 3 mph and went up by 1 mph every minute or so, up to 9 mph, then the incline went up by 2% every stage (I got up to 8% before I got to 19 on the RPE). Gotta do better next time :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home