Thursday, September 27, 2007

Clinical Changes

So I had my last two clinical experiences all set up, it was gravy... yesterday I get an e-mail from my Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE) telling me she has to speak to me about one of these placements. As I feared she informed me that it was canceled, the reason being under-staffing and an inability to provide a quality clinical instructor for me. I appreciate their honesty but now I have to scramble a little.

There are two clinics within the NYC area that are available, however they require an immense amount of travel time and do not have great reputations for providing quality clinical experiences. I can also go to Philadelphia, PA to Magee Rehabilitation Hospital but I would need to find a place to live which is not the end of the world, and also find a means of transportation... so that is a strong possibility right now. Since I found out yesterday I have been calling around trying to find out if anyone I know has some kind of connection to Philly that would be willing to house me for 11 weeks (middle of Feb.-beginning May 2008).

Another option, which the ACCE is not very fond of, is finding a rehab hospital (it is required that I have a "rehab setting" experience) that we do not have a contract with. There seems to be a lot of logistics involved, but I am willing to try for the sake of having a better learning experience.

So if anyone out there knows of a place in Philly where I could stay or of a rehab hospital that I could affiliate with please shoot me a comment or e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home