Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sleep

I need sleep. My longer than an hour train ride usually gets me a bit sleepier than I may actually be (I think it's the motion of the train, research needed...). I would theorize that 15 minutes of sleep on the train equal about 2 minutes of good sleep in my own bed, this of course would not factor in reaching the REM stage of sleep. I once read an article about the possibility of sleeping 30 minutes 4 times a day actually equalling 8 hours of straight sleep, but the difficulty of being able to space out these times.

All of this requires research, as does most of PT. (This whole entry is a bit of a stretch, but I am real real tired). This brings me to Evidence Based Practice which is focused on providing care to patients based on what the research has shown to be the most effective treatment.

"During his address to congress on behalf of people with disabilities,
Michael J. Fox said that if you ask a person what their favorite therapy is, they will tell you it is the one that works. Using interventions that work is what evidence-based practice (EBP) is all about."

I would go on but fatigue is setting in... I need to start working out more and get my beauty sleep :-D
GOOD NIGHT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home