Sunday, March 18, 2007

Unique DPT Programs

I apologize to my loyal readers for not posting in almost a week... spring break probably managed to keep me busier than when I normally have classes... just got back from a wedding and all the love there inspired me to get back to my blog and readers, because I have nothing but love for you all :)

So one of the things I wanted to share with you all for a while is the unique academic programs that I have discovered (many of them at Boston for CSM)...
**Disclaimer: I am far from 100% certain of the details of the following so if you are more familiar with them I honestly would enjoy hearing from you**

1. St. Augustine has a dual Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy degree

2. Emory has a dual DPT/MBA program

3. Bradley University recently had a collaboration of their DPT students with their Public Relations students which I am told was a big success.

4. Nazareth College has a very unique business model that they did a whole presentation about in Boston (CSM). I do not want to shortchange what they do but the gist of it is at some point of their curriculum all the students are given a role in running a PT clinic. They then actually have a real life clinic with real life patients and not only do they treat these patients but they carry out their assigned roles to be part of this business model (if you will)... I will look back at more of the specifics of their program at a later date as I find this model very intriguing.

These are the 4 major ones I am aware of. If you know of any more please leave them in the comment section. I am sure there are numerous other very unique programs out there and this was one of my original aims of this blog, to bring out these different programs.

A few reminders:
  • If you haven't done so please contact your legislators about HR 1134 (the bill to provide relief to PT student loan debt)... this contact can come from anyone who votes, but I would hope all students would make their voice heard in support of this bill as it can help us all out.
  • The deadline to run for a national student office with the APTA is approaching (July 1st)... This is a great opportunity on so many levels and believe it or not does not take up too much time (this time thing seems to be many peoples biggest concern). Either contact me via this blog or just fill out an application at this link.
  • I am currently working on (among all my schoolwork) an article about internet resources for the student PT. I will discuss a little bit about this blog as well as other PT related blogs and numerous research related sites. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated...
That's about it for now, off to sleep... good night and keep on smiling :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home