Monday, March 05, 2007

Down the short stretch

Only two more days until spring break...
Have a quiz tomorrow and a big chunk of a research project due Wednesday, along with two other lectures it should be pretty clear sailing in this blistering cold up here...

Thursday I will be going with a few of my program mates to speak about health promotion and wellness and PT to a few 2nd and 3rd graders up in Harlem. I am looking forward to that... just have to make it past these minor speed bumps...

For the quiz tomorrow we are given a patient and asked what additional tests and measures we would like to perform, use some health models to design a wellness program for the patient, and describe what goals we would set for him... I am going to go use the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice along with my notes to study. This is a seminal text in our profession and is meant to well... help GUIDE practice. I am still learning a lot about the use or lack thereof of this text in PT practice, but for now I will embrace it as best I can.

The ideal and logical idea does not always apply to reality... if that makes any sense... I tried googling a good quote on this but got impatient... off to study... "good night and good luck"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home