Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Update

I am finishing up my application for the Student Assembly, and although I feel like I am cutting it close it is ok, because the Nominating Chair recommended that I wait until I get back from Orlando to do this. So here I am three days away from the deadline just doing some fine tuning.

Now we also have about 35 1st years coming in next week which officially makes me a 2nd year, yay me. But I want to take this opportunity for what it is worth and not only hopefully get each and every one of these students excited about PT and the APTA but also start a mentoring program at my school that will hopefully help make their transition to graduate school a better one. We shall see how that goes.

Still setting up small things for the Downstate NY Regional Student Mini-Conclave which we are hosting on September 30 (the day I get back from my first clinical affiliation). Hoping to advertise that a bit more and get the NYPTA more involved and myself become more involved in the NYPTA.

Sending out a letter to the Board of Ed to hopefully set up some information sessions in the public schools although the timing isn't that great as they are all starting their summer schedule.

This isn't even everything by a long shot and somehow I have to squeeze in studying. Bringing me to one of the statements I heard from a Board of Director of the APTA: "Sometimes doing too much is just as bad as doing nothing at all."
And one that I have been saying about myself for quite some time now: "I tend to be a jack of all trades and a master of none." But hopefully I can not only be a master of PT but go on and be a doctor of it :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home