Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Random Thoughts

APTA members have given these three key reasons for belonging to the Association:
  • protecting patients and our right to practice through advocacy efforts;
  • ensuring the right to get paid appropriately for physical therapy services; and
  • educating consumers about the value of physical therapy.
Transparency is a word that is being used a lot with PT and I am glad. Read more about what this means at this link.

Another interesting tid bit was from my time down in Florida... Driving around the Boynton Beach and Cape Coral areas, I noticed a whole lot of random "Chiropractor shops" in many mini-mall's all along the roadways. One went as far as advertising themselves as "Chiro-Express". These places must do well for themselves since there are so many, but how much quality health care can you really be getting from a place called "Chiro-Express". To compare, I only saw 2 PT clinics out on the streets (i.e. not in the hospital setting).

A mother of a soldier from Iraq sent me an e-mail in response to the "military PT" article I posted here recently. I wanted to thank her for her kind words and publicly wish safety and health for all of those fighting for our country.

Lastly for this post, the APTA has been spreading a video about "Avoid(ing) Video Gamer's Thumb" all over the internet, so I will post it here to help them out. (APTA Article about Video Gamer's Thumb)... ENJOY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home