Monday, October 30, 2006

Recap of National Student Conclave 2006

In one word: Awesome! I have so much energy for the future of PT despite getting 3 hours of sleep in the last 4 days.

I met so many PT and PTA students from all across the country and was delighted to interact with every single one of them. My biggest regret is that I did not spend enough time with each person that I met and that I did not get to meet all 17,000+ students (a record for any student conclave). I also regret that all of the candidates for student assembly executive board and nominating committee were not elected as they were all highly qualified and deserving. My biggest regret would be my performance during the candidate question/answer session, in which I was the epitome of a “bumbling idiot” in my worst ever public speaking performance. I apologize to anyone who had to witness me completely embarrassing myself up there, but I am sure there was some entertainment value to it. PS, this entry is being written as I fly over Philadelphia.

So despite my horrible candidate response in what I would guesstimate (I did not know that was an accepted word) to be over 250 students and some faculty, I was still elected to the Nominating Committee of the Student Assembly for 2006-2007. I am honored and privileged to have been elected. I would like to extend a thank you form the bottom of my heart to each individual that voted for me, and if you were someone who did not vote for me I hope that the job I do this year is one that exceeds any expectations you may have had for the position.

For those of you who do not know, the Nominating Committee’s main responsibility is to slate candidates for next year’s student assembly executive board and nominating committee, along the way informing as many individuals as we can about what goes on with elections and the APTA as a whole. Another quick FYI the rest of the board consists of the positions of President, Vice President, Secretary, PT Delegate, PTA Delegate, Treasurer, and Director (the Director’s main responsibility is to put together the Student Assembly Pulse [formerly the Flash]).

I have a million more things to say about who I met and what I have learned, I am finishing this post back in Brooklyn (a real long post)... I am off to the volunteer orientation for the NYC ING Marathon... toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home