Monday, October 23, 2006

Craziness

Today I took my first Musculoskeletal Diagnosis and Management Exam and Practicum... The practicum involved interviewing one of my professors as if he were a patient, making sure I perform a thorough interview and also included a section where I went through a scanning exam. The scanning exam is intended to see if the complaint is genuinely arising from the tissue/location that it appears to be coming from (sometimes the localized symptoms can be coming from other areas a.k.a. "referred symptoms"). I did well but in the end... I will do even better next time :)

While I work on some more PT stuff, here's some interesting stories from the day...

Cleveland Browns cornerback tears both patellar tendons!!

While my experience is limited in the medical field, this is only the second time I can recall anyone tearing their patellar tendon, let alone both of them... The other instance was one of this guys teammates at the beginning of this season... That Cleveland Browns organization needs a qualified PT to help prevent those injuries and treat the ones tha have already happened... perhaps one day they can come to this student PT... one can dream can't they (of course my real dream is to work for the New York J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!)

Moving right along... I also thought I would share this madness... What is going on in the world today? I am especially concerned as a high school football coach...

Dad pulls gun on coach over son's playing time

PHILADELPHIA -- A father pulled a gun on a youth football coach because his son wasn't getting enough playing time, police said.

Wayne Derkotch, 40, was arguing with the coach Sunday during a game of 6- and 7-year-olds when he drew the weapon, police said. No shots were fired.

Derkotch was charged with aggravated assault and other offenses. He did not immediately return a call to his home Monday.

A referee accused of throwing a punch at a man was also arrested on assault charges, police said.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that was a 'vote for me plug'?
;-)I was already planning on it, because I only knew two names on the ballot. I should have run...
Anyway, the conference is going to be great, just because it is in Texas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home