Friday, October 13, 2006

Little Informal Research

One of my goals with this blog is to share and compare the PT/PTA programs around the country. This will serve a dual purpose right now as I am writing an article involving this comparison.

So if anyone out there would be kind enough to share with me how many clinical affiliation weeks they have to do within their curricula please post it here for the comparisons to begin.

I have heard from a podcast interview of Tony Delitto on Evidence in Motion that the range nationally is 17-70 weeks. I wanted to confirm that there is one that is 17 and one that is 70. My program has 37 weeks, 6 of which I have completed. They are broken down into 6, 9, 11 and 11 (the last two affils are back to back). I have also found out that the minimum amount of weeks for a program has been bumped up to 30 weeks by CAPTE (I don't believe this includes PTA programs and I am not aware of the statistics on that, with some more time in the coming weeks I will hopefully be able to investigate all of these unkowns myself).

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home