Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Reimbursement 2

As a follow up to my recent post on reimbursement, there is a new story of insurance companies providing reimbursement for online consultations... interesting that we still have all these battles in PT even with Medicare enforcing a cap on therapy... here's a quote that captures the situation and frustrations pretty well from this interesting conversation:

"Here in New Jersey our state chapter of APTA has over a number of years attempted to reason with the insurance industry which has only resulted in further diminishment in reimbursement and loss of coverage as evidenced by arbitrary caps, sky rocketing co-pays and unreasonable and capricious visit limitations based solely on the need of insurers and their intermediaries to bolster their bottom lines."

When will health care and insurance companies come to their senses on what they should spend their money on. Hint hint: Skilled PT services :-D

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Max said...

Hello?
I'm Max from South Korea.
and I'm a Physical Therapy student, also. Your blog gave me a great impression. And I have alot of things to know about America's PT.
So in this summer vacation, I want to go your country. so If you know some kind of PT student's conferences or meetings, Please let me know.
my e-mail : hyoyoung77@naver.com
I hope see you again.
bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home