Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Yay OARSI

Latest blog entry from the CAM Report: referral to a PT is one of the recommended strategies to treat OA of the hip and knee. Check out the press release from OARSI... there was no statistical difference between pharmacological and non-pharm. treatments.

Also, I want to agree with red rover's post on cigarettes... I try and step on all the lit buds I see people throw on the ground... here in Philadelphia almost everyone I see on the street is smoking... it's sad to see really with all the EVIDENCE of the horrors for your health.

Right now I am debating on an in-service topic for my last clinical affiliation. I am on a floor where we treat patients with Spinal Cord Injury. I am currently debating on doing an Evidence Based Review on SCI, a look into acute/emergency care and long-term effects (but this has low PT treatment implications), weaning off of a respiratory vent, or just about anything else that is SCI-PT treatment related. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks in advance!

Have a great day people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home