Sunday, April 27, 2008

NY to Philly Bloggin'

Tomorrow begins my last week of clinical affiliation and boy am I excited. Even though I am very much just starting to get into a good groove here, it is time to move forward and culminate the 3 year doctorate program. Many choices as a New Professional: where to work, should I enter a residency program, what other areas will I spend my time on, how the heck will I pay back all these loans, are you gonna eat the rest of that? I will have about until the beginning of July to develop more definitive answers as that is when I take my licensure exam. One of my first ways to celebrate the end of this program will be to run the Brooklyn Half-Marathon with one of my high school football buddies, and I have to be honest in saying I have not prepared the way I should so I don't expect a record time, although since this is my first 'real' race it will be a record for me as long as I finish, which I am at least confident in that. And while this does not even come close to comparing to something like what Stanley Paris is doing (attempting to become the oldest person to swim the English channel - made more impressive by the fact he DOES NOT USE HIS ARMS), I think this run will help get me motivated for future athletic accomplishments. Gonna end here to avoid the chance of losing yet another post on my phone... have a great sunday!

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Mummy Dearest said...

Congrats! It's inspiring and makes me a little jealous to hear you're finishing your DPT now. I'll just be applying to programs this December. Good luck with the next step and the exam!

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats soon-to-be-doctor Bo! All your future patients are very lucky. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home