Saturday, April 07, 2007

Anonymous

At the end of this post is another "anonymous" comment with a very negative tone. I certainly didn't mean to offend this anonymous individual nor will I apologize for my posts. What anonymous calls as "anal retentive" I call an attention to detail and think this has vital carryover to PT practice. Too often in our society people become complacent with mistakes. This snowballs and just look at what the American average reading level is for adults - I have hear as low as 4th grade and only as high as 10th grade (supposedly what USA Today uses). When it is one or two mistakes like in Grisham books I may let it slide and enjoy, but Mr. Phillips' book way beyond this. If anonymous really thinks I am what is wrong with the profession of PT for being attentive to detail then there is something wrong with this. If you can read the rest of my posts and not see my passion for the profession then maybe I do need to leave the profession.

I am not sure what problem anonymous really has with me, perhaps it stems from more than just the two posts he has responded to. But I really don't have the time for the negative energy he is trying to bring. I respect that he enjoys the book and I respect the thinking behind the book and hope anonymous can respect that I was upset by the lack of proofreading and the possible reflection it sets on the PT profession.

I'm going to go back to learning as much as I can so as to help my future patients to the best of my abilities and hope my disciples enjoy the rest of my blog. Thank you and good day (Happy Easter).

In your short little review you made a mistake:

"I of course can assume Mr. Phillips is not to blame as more often (that) not there is an editor..."

Another thing; I read the book and I only saw one time where it said her or she so you misrepresent the book when you say "every time it said her or she."

The book is a truthful account and to me that’s all that matters. Your anal retentive spelling issues are found in the best sellers. John Grisham books have problems but it only takes guys like you to point it out, the rest of us just read and enjoy. The only person hurting the profession is you, by pointing out the few simple mistakes you expose the field, you and those like you are the problem with the profession.

If you have to tear down others to feel good about yourself then keep going, you will find life is pretty hard and one day even your little disciples will leave you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home