Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sense of Urgency/Procrastination

My goal with this blog is to provide a perspective of a student physical therapist and to reflect on the curriculum that I am going through to become a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT). I want this blog to be a resource for students thinking about physical therapy, other students to compare and contrast with their current programs, possible patients, and practicing PT's. If you fit any of these categories and are willing to devote a little bit of time to read my words, welcome...

For the record, I just started my second year of a three year DPT program at Long Island University-Brooklyn Campus... Everything else you need to know about me, feel free to ask... or find me on MySpace or Facebook...

I thrive off of feedback, so please take the time to leave your thoughts if you have them.
(I already know I tend to ramble and jump all over the place topic-wise, so those are things I need someone to keep me away from doing, thanks again...)

Hx: This blog is something that I thought to start up while sitting through a relatively interesting lecture on Evidence-Based Approaches to the Shoulder. I googled a few variations of "Physical Therapy Student Blog" and was only able to find one such blog in existence: http://blogs.chron.com/realrehab/

Of course this was back in February... and here we are in the middle of May, and I have finally decided to get committed to this. I think if there is actually the a decent amount of urgency for me to keep up with this then it will be a great thing. Most of my life I have needed that push. Even now as I am in a Doctoral program, spending tens of thousands of dollars to be allowed to practice PT, I still have to be faced with three papers and a few midterms before I get myself buried in books. I could break down the psychological reasons for all this but I want to keep this blog more about being a StudentPT than me.

I promise that future posts will
  • Be more focused on one thing
  • See procrastination as a recurrent theme as I search for a sense of urgency
  • Be slightly more entertaining... hopefully
  • Have more to do with being a StudentPT
  • Have crazy, cool, colorful pictures such as this one:
I think I need to go study for something... go type up my PowerPoint notes... I may just fall asleep, who knows anymore?

Hope you come back real soon :-D

PS, has anyone seen my fuzzy JETS slippers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home